Tea Mug Key Features
- Beautifully designed glass tea mug to steep 500ml (17 oz) of tea.
- Large stainless steel infuser / strainer. Fits any kind of tea allowing the leaves enough space to perfectly expand and infuse.
- Stainless steel lid polished to perfection. Keeps your tea warm. Can be used as a convenient coaster for the infuser.
- Practical handle
- One of the most popular Teasenz glass tea infuser mugs.
Hassle free steeping
Loose leaf tea makes a better brew than tea bags. It might be that you have considered switching to leaf tea, but it's the practicality that stands in the way. Brewing leaf tea means, you have to put tea leaves in the pot, pouring on the water, wait for the tea leaves to release flavor, pour the tea in a cup, and clean the teapot afterwards. If you are making a cup just for yourself, it hardly seems worth the effort. So you reach into the tea caddy and take out a teabag.... as usual!
No longer does this hassle have to stop you from enjoying loose leaf tea, whether you are alone or enjoying tea with company. The tea mug infusers make brewing loose-leaf tea just as easy as using a teabag. Your mug becomes a tea pot! See the video below to find out how it works:
What is an infuser mug?
Typically, a tea infuser mug has three parts: the body of the mug, the infuser, and the lid. The tea infuser and lid are designed to fit inside the mug. The infuser is often made from ceramic or glass. The advantage of the latter is that it allows for appreciation of the tea leaves while it steeps. A tea infuser mug is also often called a tea infuser cup.
The advantage of using infuser mugs is that you don't need a tea pot for brewing tea and than pouring it in a mug. Tea infuser mugs are instead an 'all-in-one' solution for your steeping needs. You can steep your favorite leaf tea whether you are at home, working in office, or traveling.
Tea infuser mugs are mostly for personal consumption though. When enjoying tea in company, it's better to instead purchase a larger infuser tea pot.
Types of infuser mugs
There are two types of infuser cups:
- Traditional infuser mugs: consists of three separate parts which are the cup, the infuser and the lid. Tea leaves are put in the infuser for brewing. After brewing, the lid is removed and the tea infuser needs to be raised to let the liquor flow in the tea mug. Most tea drinkers place the infuser on top of the removed lid that is put inverted on the table to avoid spilling tea liquor.
- Infuser mugs with a press button on top of the lid: In contrary to the traditional tea infuser cup, the lid and the infuser parts of this kind of cup are often connected. Instead of raising the infuser, you can just press on the button on top of the lid to let the liquor flow in the tea cup. The advantage of this is that you will not spill any liquor on the table. The infuser and lid can than be detached as a whole, and your cup of tea is ready for consumption.
Are infuser mugs dishwasher safe?
All Teasenz infuser mugs are made from high heat resistant glass and are dishwasher safe.
|Material||borosilicate glass, stainless steel infuser, stainless steel lid|
|Content||500 ml / 17 oz|
|Measures||Mug: 12 x 8 cm (4.7" x 3.2"); Infuser: 11 x 7.5 cm (4.3" x 3"); Lid: 8 x 1.5 cm (3.15" x 0.6")|
- Review by Jess
Quality Price Service