2018 Raw Jingmai Wengji Ancient Village Pu Erh Tea Cake 357g
Availability: In stock
- Buy 2 for $75.95 each and save 6%
- Buy 7 for $69.95 each and save 13%
- The fresh Spring leaves have been first processed into mao cha (loose leaf tea) and stone-pressed into round cakes. A complex and delicate raw pu erh with orchid flower notes.
- 100% manually picked from tea trees of about 100 years old, traditionally processed and stone pressed cake.
- A true single-origin tea for those who are bored of pu erh blends which often are very similar in taste.
Wengji is a small village in Jingmai. As of 2018 the population of the town is just about 80 households with a population of 300+ people. The community is exclusively focused on the production of pu erh tea.
That's not strange at all, given that Wengji is located at 1700m above sea level with an ideal climate for wild tea trees. The average annual temperature is 19.4ºC.
With today's Jingmai pu erh cakes often consisting of a blend of raw materials from different towns in the region. The result is that the final product loses its uniqueness and becomes an 'average' tea. With this Wengji cake, you can now enjoy a raw tea cake from a single town.
Jingmai Tea Region
Jingmai is one of the most popular regions for pu erh tea. Yet, it's often misunderstood as just a village. In fact, when talking about teas from Jingmai we often refer to a larger region consisting of many mountains and towns. The area has also a high variation in height between 1500 and 1800 meters above sea level. Other villages which are part of this region include Bāng gǎi, lóng bàng, nánzuò, nà nài, jǐng mài dà zhài, měng běn, máng gěng, nuò gàn, máng hóng, wēng wa, wēng jī, lǎojiǔ fáng.
|Steeping time||Gaiwan / yixing teapot: 1 x rinse; 10s, 10s, 15s, 20s, 25s, 30s, etc|
|Steeping temperature||90 °C - 195 °F|
|Leaves per 500ml / 17oz teapot||5 gram|
|Tablespoons / 500ml (17 oz)||n/a|
|Tea Caffeine Content||medium|
|Tea Region||Wengji, Jingmai|
|Tea in Chinese||翁基古寨古树普洱茶|