Yunnan Gold Tea
Availability: In stock
Our Yunnan Gold is the highest grade of Dian Hong tea from Yunnan. Different from other Dian Hong teas, this version contains lots of golden tips, brewing a golden orange cup with raw honey flavour. An excellent alternative to the Keemun of Anhui and Lapsang Souchong of Fujian with a highly distinctive taste.
Buy your bag of Yunnan Gold today and taste the sweet tippy leaves from the ancient tea trees. Good for multiple steeps. Drink it pure or even use it to brew and ferment a high end kombucha.
Though Yunnan is the birthplace of tea with thousands of years of history in pu erh tea production, the very first black tea from this region dates back less than 100 years ago. Black wasn’t produced until 1939 when the first Dian Hong tea was successfully processed in Fengqing.
- Diuretic effect: the combination of caffeine and other substances in this tea get rid of toxics and decrease excessive amount of salt. The latter is often related to the hyper tension. When consumed in moderation, it could also helps against heart diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory effect: polyphenols in black tea can reduce inflammation and infection. The leaves in a tippy golden black tea like Yunnan Gold will even contain more polyphenols. This is why the leaves are also used in some region in China to coat wounds. In addition, it’s often consumed in situations of food poisoning.
- Detoxification effect: tea polyphenols also at the same time can absorb and get rid of heavy metals and alkaloids found in modern food. Eliminating fatigue: caffeine in black tea has a longer-term effect (though less intense) and is therefore more effective in reducing tiredness and improving focus. It also increases blood flow and thereby improve the digestion of food.
- Tooth health: believe it or not, drinking Yunnan Gold can strengthen your teeth! The downside is that black tea can potentially stain your teeth, so you’ll have to brush at least twice a day to keep them white.
|Steeping time||3 min|
|Steeping temperature||95 °C - 205 °F|
|Leaves per 500ml / 17oz teapot||2-5 gram|
|Tablespoons / 500ml (17 oz)||1.5 tbsp|
|Tea Caffeine Content||high|
|Tea Region||Fengqing Village|
|Tea in Chinese||云南金芽|
- Seriously good Dian Hong
Quality Price Service
- Good tea, many steeps
Price Service Quality
- I loved
Service Quality Price
- Good quality, honey aroma is there
Price Service Quality