Historic Teas of China - China History Podcast
Availability: Out of stock
What you'll get:
- You get 210 gram (7.4 ounce) of different historic teas, enough for 75 brewing sessions (up to 3-4 cups per session, or 225-300 cups in total)
- Receive the teas in a premium gift box.
Full list of teas historic teas:
- Da Hong Pao oolong tea, origin: Xingcun village, Wuyishan (Mount Wuyi), Fujian.
- Tie Guan Yin oolong tea, origin: Anxi, Fujian
- Long Jing (West Lake) green tea, origin: Meijiawu village, West lake region, Zhejiang.
- Bi Luo Chun green tea, origin:Tai Lake, Dongting Mountai, Jiangsu
- Ripe pu erh tea brick, origin: Xishuanbanna, Yunnan
- Raw pu erh tea brick, origin: Dali, Yunnan
- Free: tea knife to pry tea bricks
Tea, the world's second most consumed beverage after water. An ancient cup that many of us sip every day. Yet, so few we know about the history and origin.
Tea cultivation started about 3000-4000 years before the first Pyramid was built. There are so many facts that we don't know about, and so many stories and legends untold. As tea lovers, this is why we really appreciate Laszlo's contribution to broadcasting China's tea history with the world.
This artistically designed wooden box contains 6 historic teas that are great to sip while you listen to the China History Podcast 10-part series episodes on tea, told by Laszlo Montgomery himself.
What's the difference between a ripe (shou) and raw (sheng) pu erh tea?
Sheng pu erh are processed according to traditional production method. Leaves are minimally fermented before they are compressed. Because of this, it can take many years of slow natural fermentation before it acquires a taste valued by pu erh lovers. Luckily the raw pu erh has already been aged for 2 years and every year the flavour will become better and better! Use the complementary tea knife (needle) to pry of chunks before steeping.
Differently from a raw pu erh, the processing of ripe/shou pu erhs follows are modern method in which the fermentation process is accelerated in a controlled environment. Shou pu erh teas are often ready to drink right after production. Try the ripe the smaller ripe tea brick and you'll know understand what we mean. In addition, the ripe brick comes in an easy to break chocolate bar shape. Thus, you can easily break off a piece without using the tea knife.
When comparing the both types, sheng pu erh has fresh taste that starts bitter and ends sweet. In contrast, the shou pu erh tea tea has a more mellow earthy flavor, and a thicker and browner tea liquor.
China History Podcast: History of Tea Episode List:
Sip teas while you enjoy the 10 part series on the history of tea by China History Podcast! Click the link below for the first episode: Part 1: History of Tea
Shipping Cost & Speed
Orders are shipped worldwide at a flat rate of 5 USD only for parcels up to 2 KG. One parcel can fit 3 boxes. The shipping speed varies per country. Below is an estimate of the shipping speed:
- Hong Kong, China: <1 week
- Australia, Canada, UK, USA, Singapore, Netherlands: 1-2 weeks
- Japan, Korea, New Zealand, European countries: 1-3 weeks
- Russia, South America, Africa, and other countries: 2-4 weeks
|Measures||22.2 x 10 x 7.2 cm / 8.9 x 3.9 x 2.8 in|
- Amazing flavors and aromas, beautiful teas
Price Service Quality