The "Five Great Kilns" Crackle Glaze Tea Cup Set
In cooperation with a ceramic artist from De Hua, we present you this wonderful set of tea cups. Each represents a style of one of the Five Great Kilns: ru ware, jun ware, guan ware, ding ware, ge ware.
Availability: In stock
- Buy 2 for $29.95 each and save 19%
The Five Great Kilns (or the Five Famous Kilns) is a generic term for Chinese ceramics which were produced starting from the Song Dynasty (960 to 1279).
With this set of 5 tea cups, the artist aims to imitate each style of the Five Great Kilns:
- Guan Ware (Guanyao): grey-blue coloured glaze
- Ge Ware (Geyao): green colour glaze.
- Ru Ware (Ruyao): blue colour glaze. The colour is often described as ‘duck egg blue’ by the Chinese.
- Jun Ware (Junyao): blue or purple coloured glaze.
- Ding Ware (Dingyao): white-greyish body with transparent glaze.
The glazing of some of the cups in this set have a deliberate crackle effect (or “Craquelure”). Such crackle glaze is only on the outside layer of the cup, while the inner layer is dense and strong.
The craquelure isn't highly visible when the tea cups are new, but very gradually the structure will be come darker as the colour of tea will fill up the space between the cracks.
|Content||5 x 60ml (2oz)|